Sunday 4 March 2012

The Rag and Remnant Rummage in Trull, Somerset


 The start of the "Trull Transformation".... Donna's empty shelves waiting to be stacked high with textiles for the first Rag and Remnant Rummage which took part in Trull Memorial Hall near Taunton yesterday.


 The hall soon filling up with stallholders and you can just see Ted assembling their impressive stall.....


 Bargains to be had.... beautiful textiles to be rummaged (looking very tidy at the start of the day!)




 The wonderful Wendy & Min getting ready in the kitchen....




 The customers were soon pouring into the hall and snapping up the bargains. Here is the glamorous Dee from Dee Dee's retro delights blog with her amazing hat (just purchased!) It suits you so well!



The rummage was well underway, and that is the end of my photos.. there are bound to be many more in blogland, so will add the links later...for example here!..here and here.....


 Thank you to all the great stall holders who made such efforts with their stands, and a big thank you to all the customers who came with smiles and enthusiasm. We also are indebted to local business and sewing groups who helped to spread the word about this new event. We will be back in Trull later in the year, the date is booked for Saturday 27th October, so hope to see you there!

11 comments:

  1. Was a brilliant day Liz. So many customers asked when the next was to be, so get that hall booked!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for a lovely morning!
    Julie xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was a super event we so many great items to buy. All my friends loved it to and bought many an item. Bless you for the mention and the photo i adore my hat. Look forward to the next one. dee x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh this brought back memories....we're living in Essex at the moment but trying to move home to Somerset....I'm from Taunton & my lovely Grandad used to have a workshop in Trull. He used to take me & my cat to it at the weekends....I loved that man. Hopefully we'll sell our house soon and get home.....we've found our forever home in Frome but our buyer backed out at Christmas....hoping & praying we sell soon so we can take our girls back to where we all belong.....and so I can go rummaging too!! Lovely post :)

    Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really wanted to go but was unfortunately on a training day, I hope there will be another I can attend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like it was a fantastic day Lizzie with lots of bargains. Looking forward to catching up with you at the jumble. Have a relaxing Sunday.
    Jo xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a lot of lovely things, wished I could have been there.

    Enjoy your sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks wonderful shame we live so far away, having said that my Dad lives in Taunton, but I don't think he would appreciate it as much as me.
    Cate x

    ReplyDelete
  9. It was so much fun to have a rummage, and lovely to see you too :-) x

    ReplyDelete
  10. I LOVE your blog, nothing like markets is there. I found some lovely Poole Pottery today

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh I WISH that I could have been there - it looks amazing! Will try to have to combine it with a weekend away next-time perhaps!

    ReplyDelete